Meet SAP HANA 2, the next generation platform for Digital Transformation. You can leverage state-of-the-art database and data management technology, analytical intelligence capabilities and intuitive application development tools on a single, unified in-memory platform – freeing valuable resources and human capital for new and innovative application development to meet your business’s strategic objectives.
SAP HANA 2 is an evolution of the existing platform that gives you access to a stable, highly available and secure data environment for all your applications. Yet, SAP HANA 2 transforms database and data management with enhanced high availability, security and workload management, enterprise modeling, data integration, and data quality. And, if you are considering developing or deploying modern applications that access any data from anywhere and combine transactions with advanced analytical processing, SAP HANA 2 also transforms application development and analytical intelligence. It comes with enhanced analytical processing engines for text, spatial, graph, and streaming data, improved application server capabilities and development tools.
High availability and disaster recovery/ backup and recovery
- Load balance read-intensive operations between a primary and secondary instance of SAP HANA with the active / active-read enabled mode.
- Automate orchestration of HA/DR processes with enhanced SAP Landscape Management integration.
- Optimize workload for 3rd party backup tools by consolidating SAP HANA log backups.
- Protect data at rest by using SAP HANA’s comprehensive encryption for data and redo log files.
- Reduce TCO by using existing LDAP groups for automatic role assignment.
- Simplify monitoring of security alerts and configuration of security and users in the new SAP HANA cockpit.
- Manage one instance, multiple tenants or 1000’s of SAP HANA instances within the SAP HANA Cockpit administration and monitoring tool.
- Prevent run-away queries and manage system thresholds with enhanced workload management.
- Reduce time and cost when implementing change by capturing, comparing and analyzing multiple workload replays.
Advanced Analytical Processing Enhancements
- Find information faster with improved searching and filtering on dates.
- Dynamically configure search rules for duplicate detection.
- Run search rules in “batch mode” to check a large number of records in a single call.
- Extend the smarts of your applications that use text analysis to all languages using spaces between words.
- Easily embed natural-language processing into your products with a new native SQL interface.
- Manage your own domain-specific custom dictionaries and rules within the Web IDE for SAP HANA.
Graph data processing
- Analyze graph data more efficiently and achieve results faster with new visualizations.
- Leverage existing Cypher query language skills with SAP HANA support for Cypher for pattern matching
Predictive analytics and machine learning
- Create richer predictive applications using more pre-packaged algorithms.
- Run scoring functions faster with parallel processing across large-scale partitioned data.
Application Development and Tools Enhancements
- Reduce TCO with Bring Your Own Language and Runtimes by running these applications within the XS Advanced framework.
- Build native applications in multi-tenant (MDC) landscapes without restriction.
Tools, languages, and APIs
- Accelerate application development with enhanced modeling for calculation views, core data services, and data types (i.e. spatial, text, graph, etc.).
- Directly create and query hierarchies without dependency on the graphical modeler.
- Test and develop MDX based queries and statements against SAP HANA views and leverage additional MDX capabilities.
- Increase productivity with improved syntax error troubleshooting and expanded impact and lineage analysis.
Data Management Enhancements
SAP Enterprise Architecture Designer, Edition for SAP HANA
- Perform enterprise architecture and business process modeling, as well as architecture and plan physical data models that target SAP HANA, with this new web-based tool that compliments existing SAP HANA modeling tools.
- Simplify management of large volumes of data with multi-store tables.
- Integrated management of Dynamic Tiering with support for encrypted extended store, system replication and delta back-ups.
- *Targeted for release in near future.
- Simplify and accelerate data movements with parallel data loads, automatic recovery, and data integration with SAP ABAP-based systems (via BAPIs that support virtual procedures).
- Gain access to more data sources with added support for Microsoft Access and SharePoint.
Data quality and data federation
- Improve the accuracy of location-based data by taking advantage of enhanced address cleansing capabilities.
- Leverage remote metadata synchronization to simplify alignment with remote data schema copies.