SAP. Why? Simple, because, many of us do not know it yet.
Whether we move to S/4HANA or S/4HANA Version x.xx, Area Menu seems to survive.
Area Menu is a collection of group of logical transactions used in some common business, functional area. For example WL00 is the area menu for Vendor. Just enter WL00 in the command area (where you input t-code).
Similarly, WEDI is the area menu for IDoc and EDI.
Also try VA00, VS00, VF00, ME00 etc area menu.
Step by Step Process to Create Custom Area Menu
SE43 is the t-code to look for the area menu.
For our tutorial, let us create a Custom Area Menu for FI Area.
Provide the name of area menu & click on create.
Give the description of area menu & click Create Area Menu.
Click on added sub node .
Provide the Texts for Nodes & click F5.
Now put the Cursor on Sub Node name and click on Add entry on same level.
Your transactions are added successfully.
Now Area Menu has been created & saved.
Write the custom area menu name ‘Z_FI_REPORTS’ on the command field and hit return (enter). Your area menu would be displayed.
Do you think Area Menu is any different in S/4HANA?
No. The T-Code SE43 exists in S/4HANA.
The Sales area menu VA00 looks like below.
And WEDI area menu looks like this.
To create custom area menu in S/4HANA, we need to follow the exact same steps as demonstrated above for ECC SAP system.
This was a simple tutorial to show that SAP is an ocean. And nobody can claim to know everything. And nobody is expected to know everything. We just need to know where to look for when we need them.
For all your SAP Tips, Tricks, Code Snippets and Training, please keep visiting SAPYard. Please do share our page with your contacts, friends, colleagues and team members.
We have a very active Telegram (App) SAP Technical Group with more than 3740+ SAP Technical Practitioners from 6 Continents of the SAP World. Please join it using below link.
Telegram SAP Technical Discuss Group. You need to install the Telegram App first on your mobile device. Once you have it on your mobile, you can join the group and also access it from the Web on your computer and laptop.
Free SAP ABAP for HANA Training Tutorials Exercises.
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part I. First Program in ABAP HANA
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part II. ADT Eclipse and HANA Studio
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part III. Debugging in ADT
- CDS Part 1. Core Data Services – Introduction
- CDS Part 2. Core Data Services – Deep Dive
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part VI. New Age Open SQL ABAP 740
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part VII. SQL Script and SAP HANA Stored Procedure
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part VIII. ADBC – ABAP DataBase Connectivity
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part IX. AMDP – ABAP Managed Database Procedure
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part X. AMDP with SELECT OPTIONS
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part XI. Are Native SQL and Open SQL Competitors?
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part XII. Open SQL, CDS or AMDP, which Code to Data Technique to use?
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part XIII. Sample Functional Specification of HANA Project
- ABAP on SAP HANA: Part XIV. HANA Ready, HANA-tization & HANA Plus
- CDS Part 3. Expose CDS Views as OData Service through Annotation
- ABAP on SAP HANA: Part XVI. HANAtization
- ABAP on SAP HANA: Part XVII. ATC – ABAP Test Cockpit Setup & Exemption Process
- SAP ABAP on HANA: Part XVIII. SALV IDA (Integrated Data Access)
- ABAP for SAP HANA. Part XIX. Sample Technical Specification of HANA Project
- ABAP for SAP HANA. Part XX. ALV Report On SAP HANA – Opportunities And Challenges
- 4 Useful Tips on ABAP and ABAP on HANA
- Associations in HANA – A Conceptual Approach
- CDS Part 5. ABAP CDS Views With Authorization
- ABAP for SAP HANA. Part XXII. How to Consume Native HANA Views Using ADBC?
- CDS Part 6. Basic Expressions & Operations Available for CDS View – I
- 115 ABAP for SAP HANA Interview Questions & Answers
- CDS Part 7. Basic Expressions & Operations Available for CDS View – II
- CDS Part 8. Usage of Built-In Functions in CDS – I
- CDS Part 9. Usage of Built-In Functions in CDS – II
- CDS Part 10. Usage of Built-In Functions in CDS – III
- CDS Part 11. How to Consume CDS View in Smart Business Service KPI Fiori Apps?
- CDS Part 12. Useful 6 CDS Related Tools in ADT
- CDS Part 13. Key Definition in CDS Views
- CDS Part 14. ABAP Annotations for Translatable Texts in CDS Views
- CDS Part 15. Associations in CDS Views – I