notes or Outlook, similarly we can create a list in SAP and send one e-mail to multiple recipients simultaneously. Distribution list is an age old tool in SAP, but many of our fresher might find this tutorial useful and interesting.
In other words, if there is a project requirement to notify a group of people about a particular process through e-mail then one can make use of Distribution List in SAP.
Distribution list are similar to SMTP and reduces programming effort to a great extent for notifying group of people.
Also Learn: How to consume HANA Models in SAP ABAP Programs?
Steps for creation of Distribution List (DL):
- Tcode for Distribution list is SO23.
- Click on create button and create your ownfolder in DL and specify the details as showed.
- One can set below properties like retentionproperties etc.
- Once the folder is created and respective properties are added as per above snapshot add the respective email id to whom mail should be sent and you are done creating DL.
Also Read: How I created my first program in S/4HANA
Different ways to use DL:
Few of the many ways in which the DistributionList can be used is mentioned below:
- One can go to SBWP tcode and select the folder which you have created as part of Distribution List and click on create new document.
Create your message as shown below and click on send.
Click on send and select the Distribution list created by you and clickon send , your mail is sent.
Also Read: My First SAP OData Service
2. Create a custom program which can be used to send email according to your Distribution List.
*& Report ZYASH_DL
*& Demo program to send email to Distribution List
"Create a ref of type CL_BCS
** ONE CAN TAKE THE DL AUTOMATICALLY BY PASSING IT THROUGH SELECTION SCREEN AS INPUT PARAMETER
"Lets create the message
APPEND'Hi , Please comment if you found this article useful'TOmail_body.
i_subject='Welcome Yash To DL'
You might have used the Distribution List in your projects but you might not have created one list yourself. In most projects, the Basis/Admin teams create this list for us. Check if you have access to create it in your landscape. If yes, this is a good opportunity to create your first Distribution List and practice.
In few articles we would keep posting more basic stuffs used in SAP. They might look simple, but they are very useful and young consultants need to know about it.
We have a very active Telegram (App) SAP Technical Group with more than 4930+ SAP Technical Practitioners from 6 Continents of the SAP World. Please join it using below link.
Telegram SAP Technical Discuss Group. You need to install the Telegram App first on your mobile device. Once you have it on your mobile, you can join the group and also access it from the Web on your computer and laptop.
Free SAP ABAP for HANA Training Tutorials Exercises.
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part I. First Program in ABAP HANA
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part II. ADT Eclipse and HANA Studio
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part III. Debugging in ADT
- CDS Part 1. Core Data Services – Introduction
- CDS Part 2. Core Data Services – Deep Dive
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part VI. New Age Open SQL ABAP 740
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part VII. SQL Script and SAP HANA Stored Procedure
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part VIII. ADBC – ABAP DataBase Connectivity
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part IX. AMDP – ABAP Managed Database Procedure
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part X. AMDP with SELECT OPTIONS
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part XI. Are Native SQL and Open SQL Competitors?
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part XII. Open SQL, CDS or AMDP, which Code to Data Technique to use?
- ABAP on SAP HANA. Part XIII. Sample Functional Specification of HANA Project
- ABAP on SAP HANA: Part XIV. HANA Ready, HANA-tization & HANA Plus
- CDS Part 3. Expose CDS Views as OData Service through Annotation
- ABAP on SAP HANA: Part XVI. HANAtization
- ABAP on SAP HANA: Part XVII. ATC – ABAP Test Cockpit Setup & Exemption Process
- SAP ABAP on HANA: Part XVIII. SALV IDA (Integrated Data Access)
- ABAP for SAP HANA. Part XIX. Sample Technical Specification of HANA Project
- ABAP for SAP HANA. Part XX. ALV Report On SAP HANA – Opportunities And Challenges
- 4 Useful Tips on ABAP and ABAP on HANA
- Associations in HANA – A Conceptual Approach
- CDS Part 5. ABAP CDS Views With Authorization
- ABAP for SAP HANA. Part XXII. How to Consume Native HANA Views Using ADBC?
- CDS Part 6. Basic Expressions & Operations Available for CDS View – I
- 115 ABAP for SAP HANA Interview Questions & Answers
- CDS Part 7. Basic Expressions & Operations Available for CDS View – II
- CDS Part 8. Usage of Built-In Functions in CDS – I
- CDS Part 9. Usage of Built-In Functions in CDS – II
- CDS Part 10. Usage of Built-In Functions in CDS – III
- CDS Part 11. How to Consume CDS View in Smart Business Service KPI Fiori Apps?
- CDS Part 12. Useful 6 CDS Related Tools in ADT
- CDS Part 13. Key Definition in CDS Views
- CDS Part 14. ABAP Annotations for Translatable Texts in CDS Views
- CDS Part 15. Associations in CDS Views – I
- ABAP for SAP HANA – Part 23. How to Access Database Schema Dynamically Using AMDP?
- Video Course – New Features and Syntaxes in SAP ABAP 7.40+ with Exercises
- CDS Part 16. Usage of Built-In Functions in CDS – IV
- ‘ABAP for SAP HANA’ Points to Remember
- Limitations of Open SQL Compared to SQL Script in HANA
- CDS Part 17. How to Overcome GUID Mismatch Linking Problem in ABAP CDS?