This blog post covers some of the latest features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom Release 2021.15, which will be included in the Q4 2021 Quarterly Release Cycle (QRC).
Please note that the SAP Analytics Cloud Help Portal is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
Be sure to upgrade to the latest SAP Analytics Cloud agent version 1.0.331 to take advantage of all the data acquisition types. Here are the minimum data acquisition requirements:
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL Database
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.233 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.235 for SAP HANA View
- Version 1.0.248 for File Server
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
For more information, check out the following System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites. Also please note that SAP Analytics Cloud fully supports Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome for all activities and areas of viewing, authoring, and administration.
- Dashboard and Story Design
- Data Visualization
- Enterprise Planning
- Analytics Platform Services
Dashboard and Story Design
Enable Search to Insight in Optimized View Mode
Optimized View Mode now supports Search to Insight (Natural Language Query). This feature can be launched from a story once the story is resaved. Some limitations include:
- In-session search history is not maintained
- Synonym entities are not renamed in the results
- BW prompt values are read only
- Currency conversion
- Copy chart to optimized story
- Timestamp dimension
- BW static filters
- Existing OVM limitations (i.e., histogram chart, measure-based filters, and more)
For additional information on Optimized View Mode, please visit the following resources from the SAP Analytics Cloud Help Portal:
Set Monthly Recurring Calendar Events
Users can now set the recurrence pattern of calendar events to occur in a monthly interval. For example, users can set a task to occur on the 10th day every 3 months.
This feature allows quarterly planning tasks and automatic events like publications of stories to be easily and consistently scheduled by month.
Plan against Dimension Properties on Unbooked Combinations
Users can now add dimension properties to a table even when there are dimensions in