This blog post is currently applicable to the roadmap SAP Activate for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition. Similar features may be extended to other roadmaps in future. It is worth noting that the process described below is also suitable for SAP S/4HANA on-premise.
You like the concept of UX Value Goals to select apps and features that support your business outcomes – as explained in
SAP Activate – Introducing UX Value Goals for your UX adoption roadmap – but before you embark on this approach you want to understand a very important part of this approach:
How do you find apps that support your UX Value Goals?
You need to know:
- What resources can you use to help you?
- What are the prerequisites?
- What procedure do you follow for selecting apps and features by UX Value Goals?
The good news is you can now find a set of UX Value Goal App Selection Guides in the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer in roadmap SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition to assist you, and a brief introduction to the prerequisites and procedures below.
Example title page of the UX Value Goal App Selection guide for Be more INSIGHTFUL
- You are implementing or already on SAP S/4HANA
- You have selected your initial target business roles and the UX Value Goals you will focus on
- For each Role/UX Value Goal combination you have prioritized which tasks/use cases will gain most from these UX Values.
- You may even have identified some early inclusion/exclusion criteria for your fit-to-standard assessment.
Hint: You can make these decisions by running Establish the Business Value of UX workshop as explained in blog post SAP Activate – Introducing UX Value Goals for your UX adoption roadmap.
It’s also helpful – although not essential – to know the list of SAP BTP services you have already subscribed, or those services you are considering subscription. This can make some decisions easier when you are considering your overall UX Adoption Roadmap, for example about what you can take advantage of now versus later.
What to consider before you start:
As you work through the guides, you will need to capture the list of apps and features and which UX Value Goals they support. You can use a simple spreadsheet template to capture SAP Business Role id/name, App ID/name or feature name,