We in SAP Product Engineering are happy to announce the general availability of SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 2021, on October 13, 2021. The latest version delivers on a series of new features to help you run your financial consolidation and close activities. Release 2021 is a major version of our product, as we deliver one on premise release each year. From a functional standpoint, the on premise version inherits from all the features delivered in the cloud versions each quarter. From a tech standpoint, we use the same code line for both cloud and on premise.
As we continue to strengthen our development investment in SAP’s next gen consolidation software, release 2021 delivers on major new features:
- You can run consolidation with multiple group currencies, use consolidation of investments’ processing fields in manual posting, perform sign change for financial statement items, benefit from an improved equity pickup automation, automate the elimination of unrealized profit on inventory, and post journal entries on multiple consolidation groups
- The intercompany elimination is richer, with the ability to integrate data from remote systems in our Intercompany Matching and Reconciliation feature
- On master data, you can create your own financial statement item attributes, and use them in selections, reclassification rules, totals validation rules, and analytics
- Data validation capabilities are enhanced with the ability to create more-complex rules: you can now combine several validation rules into one compound rule with logical operators
- Data monitors are more flexible and powerful: you benefit from new options and UX improvements that streamline the release of universal journals, you can also run multiple data collection tasks in the data monitor, and substitution / validation functionalities are now embedded in flexible upload
- On analytics, you can use new views for comparative reports, and performance is significantly improved
- Group Reporting Data Collection (GRDC) app is enhanced: you can now collect texts for financial reporting, use front-end formula calculations during manual data collection, leverage conditional formatting to improve visual controls in forms, import data from ECC in Group Reporting with data mapping, and benefit from integrated data mapping traceability log from target to source data
SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 2021 inherits from the innovations delivered in the 2011, 2102, 2105 and 2108 releases of our cloud version. It includes the following new and enhanced functionalities:
You can find more detail below on the new features available in SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting 2021.