SAP Fiori elements provides standardized floorplans and thus allows developers to create consistent SAP Fiori apps in a very efficient manner. Using SAP Fiori elements saves you time and money during the implementation as well as maintenance of your project. The feature showcase for SAP Fiori elements for OData V4 provides a single, technical sample SAP Fiori elements list report – object page app based on CAP CDS annotations. Its purpose is to make it easier for developers to look up implementations of features. Every feature comes equipped with a short explanation and links to relevant documentation.
The SAP Fiori elements for OData V4 feature showcase provides the following benefits for you:
- End-to-end implementation examples for all major list report and object page floorplan features using CAP CDS annotations
- Short explanations for the implementations, describing the used annotations and variations of the feature
- Hints on where you can use the SAP Fiori tools to implement the described feature
Why did we create this showcase?
Since the launch of SAP Fiori elements for OData V4, we have been hearing from developers and customers, that the existing examples are great for beginners. However, they do not provide examples of all features and, in particular, not the more complex features.
With the feature showcase, we now provide a single example, containing most of the SAP Fiori elements features. This makes it easier than ever for developers to look up implementations, and get more detailed information using the short explanations with cross-references to the SAP Fiori elements documentation, or having a look at all the different supported feature of SAP Fiori elements.
We also used the development of this feature showcase to revisit our documentation and improve it in quite a few places.
How to use this feature showcase?
Example: Implementing a chart section
- Follow the instructions in the GitHub readme to install and start the app.
- Locate the chart section.
- Jump to the chart section of the GitHub repo. The content overview on GitHub is logically structured, based on the floorplans and the areas on the screen. So, the topic for the chart section is at object page – content area – chart
- Each topic has a search term, which you can search in your IDE and locate the relevant code where the chart section is implemented. Alternatively, you can also just use the code snippets, which